Items Needed For Tagging
- Hangers- - -purchased at discount stores or some dry cleaners wll give you hangers for free
- Safety Pins---Larger than 1",.the little ones just don't work. NO STRAIGHT PINS
- Clear Packing Tape
- Zippered (ziploc) bags
- Ribbon or zipties--purchased in the automotive department in Wal-Mart
- Plain white cardstock
Prepping Your Items
- THE BETTER THEY LOOK–THE BETTER THEY SELL! Please be sure that your
clothes are freshly washed, wrinkle-free and on hangers.
- Please inspect your items very carefully for stains, broken zippers,
torn hemlines, lost buttons, etc. Please inspect your items carefully.
- Popsicles reserves the right to pull any item at any time, if it is
found not meeting our specifications. Our Trained Volunteers are consignors
like you. Popsicles supervises checking in of items and spends extra time
pulling unacceptable items off the sales floor. If you happen to see
something on the sales floor that should not have been accepted, please
bring it to our attention. We train our volunteers to follow rules and
guidelines, but we are human, too. Lots of things may affect seeing
something that should not have been accepted such as poor lighting,
distractions, and being shorthanded.
- Pet owners - Use tape or a lint brush to remove all pet hair from
clothing and other fabric items. Do Not Bring Items with Pet Hair.
- Smokers - Wash items well and use Febreze to remove the smell of smoke
from items. Many people are allergic to smoke.
- Remember, the better your items
look, the quicker they will sell and more $$$ for you!
(NOTE: Please use Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser while
creating and printing tags)
- Log In on the Consignor Page
- Click Register for the Upcoming Sale
- Click Items
- This is the tagging screen. Enter your
description, size, color, price and choose whether to donate or let your
item go half price. Be descriptive by using brand names. If a tag is
lost from an item, the only way we can match it to the correct item is
with the description. If we cannot match lost tags to items, the item
will be placed in Lost & Found. “New” and “Only Worn Once” on
descriptions can make your item more appealing to the buyer! Minimum
price for items is $3.00.
- If you need to edit the description or price on a tag, click edit and
make the changes.
- If you have already printed a tag and decide to edit the description
or price, you must create a new tag for that item and delete the old
- Print your tags on plain white cardstock. Our
scanners pick this color up best. Do not use copy paper. It is easily torn
and lost, which will result in a lost sale.
- You may print your tags at anytime. Select a few
tags to print at a time or select to print all the tags at one time. Click
on Print Selected Tags. The tags will print 8 to a page.
- Now you are ready to start pinning!
How to Determine Selling Price
- What would you be willing to pay for an item if you were the
- A general rule is to price an item 1/3 to 1/2 of the original or
- Minimum item price is $3.00 with $1
increments (no change). You may combine items to meet the
- Price competitively.
- If it is not worth $3.00 then do not bring
- We have an abundance of 0-12 month clothing
so you may want to price to sell. Price them lower, let them go
On garments, attach tag with a safety pin
near the upper right side of the garment. All garments should be hung
with the hook facing
left. Please use safety pins to hang pants - do not
use clothespins or fold them over the hanger. See diagrams at left.
(click the pictures for larger images).
Not use ziploc bags for clothing or pajamas!! Our shoppers want to see
what they are buying.
Safety pin sets together.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
- If possible, connect your pair of shoes
together with a zip-tie (zip-ties may be purchased cheaply at
Wal-Mart), ribbon, or safety-pin, so that they cannot be separated.
- Attach the tag to the shoes, not the ziplock
bag/shoe box. Attach the tag to the shoes by using zip-ties, ribbon
or safety-pin. Reinforce your tag by using duct tape, packaging
tape, etc. across the top of your tag, punch a hole through the
tape, and attach the tag to the pair of shoes.
- Now your shoes are ready to be placed in
ziplock bags....Please remember to attach the tag to the shoes and
not the bag! (Some shoes are too large for ziplock bags)
- Shoes must be in great condition -- no play
- Only accepting teen, children, baby themed
- Bedding should be in a clear bedding bag or
the XL or XXL size ziploc bags sold at discount stores. You may
attach a picture of your bedding on the outside to show shoppers how
- Attach tag to the outside of the bag with
clear packaging tape. Remember, we have to remove the tag so do not
tape over the information.
- Blankets and Bath Towels should be hung and
pinned (to keep from sliding off) on hangers. This will make items
sell better. Thin receiving blankets may be placed in ziploc bags.
- Small electronics, for example: Nintendo DS,
Ipod, etc., will be placed in our locked electronics display case.
- During Inspection, you will need to let us
know that you have an item that will need to be placed in the
Tagging Large Baby Equipment & Large Toys
- Attach your tag to your item for easy
- While your items are being inspected, we ask
that you fill out and attach the Claim Tag (provided by PKS) to your
item. The original tag will be attached to the Claim Tag.
Tagging Other Items
- Purses need to be ziptied to a large hanger.
- Books, videos & small items can be placed in
ziploc bags with the tag inside the bag. For books, you may use masking
tape to securely attach the tag to the outside.
- Toys, equipment and any other item that can
not have the tag attached with a safety pin should be taped to the
item with clear packaging tape. Scotch tape does not hold up.
Remember, we have to remove the tag so do not tape over the
- Make sure that if a toy or equipment has
pieces to secure all pieces to it. You may use ziploc bags for
small loose pieces and attach it securely with clear packaging tape.
- If you are selling a baby bed with the
mattress, include that information on the tag.
- DO NOT put more than 1 tag on any item.
The more time you
take to prepare your items the more $$$ you will make!
It's Rewarding to Clean Out and Cash In!!
Ready to Get Started?
If you have any questions or need
Julie or call 870-256-4465. We are happy to help!
Having Computer Problems? -- I Need Express Tags
We will print your labels for you at the sale
(NOTE: When using Express Tags, Sales will not be available online).
Purchase index cards and follow the directions below.
- Register for your
- Hand write the Size (do not use S-M-L-XL) and
Description in the center of the card.
- If you wish to donate an item that does not sell,
put a "D" in the top right corner. If you are donating
your item we suggest that you let it go for half. Its better to get half
than nothing! (Donated items go to Motherhood of Jonesboro.)
- Put your price in the bottom right corner and
your consignor # on the bottom left corner of your
- Print our label request form. Fill out the form
and bring it to drop-off. We will print off your labels and you will
place them on your cards. So, please allow plenty of time for this!!!